Am I content? How can a perfectionist be content?? It's a big battle I fight all the time. Jeff and I were laughing about it (for both of us) when he was here this past weekend.
Am I waiting for something to provide contentment? some-thing=some thing. I know things can't provide happiness or contentment for as long as it takes to blink (in the larger scheme of life,)but I feel like I'm always waiting and longing for the next better thing.
Right now it's community, which is not really a thing, but more of a way to do life. Even though I have great friends and relationships, new stuff happening with creative worship, etc., I don't have friends in my geographical area. Thus, I'm waiting for it to happen and the thing I need is a different house in an older neighorhood near my friend. Something like a bungalow built in the early 1900's will work. Then I need my other friends to move near by. I'm sure I would be content then. We could share more of our life and resources. And if we could find a place that has a detached garage to use for an art studio/office--wow!
T. and I saw this yesterday as we were driving around in one of our desired neighborhoods. It is a restored Craftsman style, but $200 thou. over budget. So I wait...Meanwhile, it is important that I practice being content. On the inside.
If my center is somewhere outside of myself, I am always reaching for it. If my center is God and His Spirit is at my center, then I am content. Not to stay as I am, but to become even freer to pursue what I am led to pursue from a place of peace, not from anxiety. That's my goal as I wait for my other goals.
are you waiting for contentment?? what will it take?

No comments:
Post a Comment