Monday, May 07, 2007
Point of contact
There's plenty of fog to burn through. I am trying to be patient for details to unfold about my son's friend's death. On the inside I am kicking and screaming to know about what really happened and how I can best respond and offer help, God, and presence in the situation. There was a murder, two shooters are at large, and no news about it in the local media or online that I can find. We suspect it's related to drugs, but have no facts. It makes me crazy sad to think about what my boy knows or is into. He had been hanging out with his friends at their house for days just before it happened. I went to the funeral and prayed for the hundreds of young people there. God knows how to weave and knit (with the circumstances of each of our lives.) I take comfort in the Spirit's ability to draw someone closer and move into a heart. I pray that this gruesome event will become such a point of contact with Light and Truth and Love. I am thankful, too, that my son came to us for some comfort those first few days. We keep praying for open hearts--ours, his, his friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment