Place where I'm feeling foggy: child rearing. I'd like to prod certain children in their rear, and steer them back onto the path (maybe that's where the term originated.) Been pondering this. While I am caught up in the blogosphere getting excited about what God is doing around the globe, what are they caught up in? While I spend time reading every day and praying (especially for them), how are they spending their time? Don't want to get self-righteous here 'cause I have my own areas where I am unsuccessful. But, it makes me a little crazy. I think this generation (under 21) is going to have a hard time of it if they don't become radical for God. If a switch doesn't flip inside, they may stay trapped in the dense fog of culture and despair. I see what comes at them and many do not have a firm enough sense of self and God to think critically. They don't get why certain things matter. Can't think long-term. I'm talking about basically "good" kids from believing families as well as those who haven't had much input about values or faith. In spite of my own fog about how to best parent older teen boys in certain situations, I'm determined to get and stay violent (taking it by forceful prayer) until I see a turnaround.
I remember when my own life was turned around by God's intervening with a message I needed to hear. And not even because my parents were praying; (they weren't.) If He can speak to me in a political science class, touch my heart and reel me in, then He can rock the world of any teen at any time. He may use a teacher or professor like He did with me or He may use music, a movie, or a friend or anything He wishes. He is God. And He does hear the prayers of a mom. In my case, I believe it was my grandmother's prayers He heard, and I am so thankful for it.
Friday, February 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment